In the rapidly evolving world of networking and security, IT professionals must stay updated with the latest technologies and industry best practices. Aruba HPE Certification, a leader in network infrastructure and security solutions, understands the importance of equipping professionals with relevant skills and expertise. As part of its commitment to continuous improvement, HPE Aruba periodically updates its exam syllabus to align with the changing landscape of the IT industry. This comprehensive guide will explore the recent changes and exam syllabus transitions for HPE Aruba Mobility (ACMA-ACMP-ACMX) and HPE Aruba Clearpass (ACCA-ACCP-ACCX) certifications. These certifications cover two vital domains: Mobility and Clearpass, which focus on on-campus access solutions and network security.
However, it’s important to note that the exam syllabus changes we will discuss in this guide do not affect other domains, such as Aruba HPE Certification Design levels (ACDA-ACDP-ACDX) and HPE Aruba Switching levels (ACSA-ACSP-ACSX). These domains remain unchanged in the recent updates, ensuring professionals can continue to pursue certifications in those areas without any impact from the syllabus transitions. By understanding which parts are currently unaffected by the exam syllabus changes, professionals can confidently plan their certification paths and focus on areas that align with their career goals and expertise. Join us as we dive into the changes and transitions happening in the world of HPE Aruba Mobility and Clearpass certifications, enabling you to stay informed and empowered in the ever-evolving realm of networking and security.
Aruba Mobility: Transforming the Campus Access Domain
Aruba HPE Certification Mobility certifications focus on providing wireless and wired network access solutions to end-users within a campus environment. In the recent exam syllabus changes, HPE Aruba Mobility has transformed, aligning it with the broader “Campus access” domain. This transition reflects the industry’s shift towards comprehensive connectivity and mobility solutions. Let’s dive into the changes in each level of certification and understand how they equip professionals with the necessary skills for campus access deployments. The table below illustrates the Mobility Transformation.
Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) HPE6-A70
A certified Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) engineer possesses the skills and knowledge to design, set up, and configure a basic Aruba WLAN. This certification validates proficiency in working with Aruba’s V8 operating system architecture and its associated features. With an ACMA HPE Certification, professionals can effectively deploy and manage wireless networks using Aruba solutions, ensuring seamless connectivity and reliable performance for end-users.
Aruba Certified Campus Access Associate (ACA) HPE6-A85
The Aruba Certified Campus Associate (ACA) HPE Certification validates an individual’s foundational understanding of wired and wireless networks. This certification confirms that candidates possess essential knowledge in routing/switching, basic RF (Radio Frequency) concepts, fundamental security principles, connectivity, monitoring, and reporting. By achieving the ACA certification, professionals demonstrate their competence in these whole areas of network infrastructure. This certification is a solid starting point for individuals embarking on their networking careers and provides a solid foundation for further specialization within Aruba’s wired and wireless technologies. Recommend training for this certification “Aruba Campus Access Fundamentals, Rev. 22.41”.
Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) HPE6-A71
The Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) HPE Certification evaluates your proficiency in designing, deploying, and troubleshooting Aruba Mobile First Network Solutions within intricate and highly available campus and branch environments. It assesses your capability to configure specialized applications, manage network resources, and address security requirements for WLAN deployments. These security requirements encompass advanced features like UCC Voice (Unified Communications and Collaboration Voice) and other advanced security functionalities. Completing this exam demonstrates your competence in handling complex WLAN deployments with a focus on optimal performance, reliability, and security.
Aruba Certified Campus Access Professional (ACP) HPE7-A01
The Aruba Certified Campus Access Professional (ACP) HPE Certification validates candidates’ intermediate-level knowledge and implementation skills in wired and wireless networks. It encompasses a range of topics, including routing/switching, RF applications, security, connectivity, and troubleshooting. By completing this exam, candidates demonstrate their proficiency in these areas, showcasing their ability to effectively design, deploy, and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks. This certification serves as a testament to their competence in implementing robust and secure network infrastructures that meet the demands of modern organizations. Recommend training for this certification “Implementing Aruba Campus Access, Rev. 23.11”.
The HPE Certification exam content includes the following topics
⦁Candidates are required to explain the characteristics and differences between these key networking technologies, including 802.11 (Wi-Fi), 802.1 (LAN/MAN bridging and management), and 802.3 (Ethernet).
1. Implement foundational networking architectures and technologies.
2. Deploy devices: Candidates should demonstrate the ability to deploy network devices and establish connectivity by best practices.
3. Network Resiliency and Device Virtualization:
4. Implement mechanisms for resiliency, redundancy, and fault tolerance: Candidates need to understand and apply techniques to ensure network resiliency, redundancy, and fault tolerance, thereby enhancing the overall reliability of the network.
⦁ Implement and validate Layer 2/3 technologies: Candidates must configure and verify Layer 2 and 3 technologies, such as VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), and dynamic routing protocols.
⦁ Implement RF attributes and wireless functions: Candidates should have the knowledge and skills to configure and optimize RF parameters and functionalities in a wireless network.
⦁ Build a configuration based on customer requirements: Candidates must be able to design and deploy WLAN configurations that align with specific customer requirements.
⦁ Implement routing topologies and functions: Candidates are expected to configure and manage routing protocols and understand various routing topologies, such as static routing, dynamic routing, and route redistribution.
⦁ Implement security standards and concepts: Candidates should be knowledgeable in security standards and concepts and capable of configuring appropriate security measures for wired and wireless networks.
⦁ Integrate wireless SSID with EAP-TLS: Candidates need to understand and configure the integration of wireless SSID (Service Set Identifier) with EAP-TLS (Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security) for secure authentication and access control.
⦁ Implement wired AAA configurations based on customer requirements: Candidates should be able to configure Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) features based on specific customer requirements.
Managing and Monitoring:
1. Implement and analyze the output from common network monitoring tools: Candidates must demonstrate the ability to utilize network monitoring tools to analyze network performance and troubleshoot issues.
2. Configure Port Mirroring to collect PCAPs: Candidates should know how to configure Port Mirroring (SPAN) to capture network traffic for analysis and troubleshooting.
3. Configure NAE agents: Candidates must configure Network Analytics Engine (NAE) agents to collect and analyze network data for proactive monitoring and troubleshooting.
4. Configuring UXI sensors for internal and external tests: Candidates should be able to configure User Experience Insight (UXI) sensors to conduct internal and external tests to evaluate network performance.
5. Describe how APIs can configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your network: Candidates are expected to understand Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and how they can be leveraged to configure, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot network devices.
⦁ Define and perform troubleshooting on wired and wireless networks: Candidates should possess the skills to identify, isolate, and resolve issues in both wired and wireless networks.
⦁ Describe QoS: Candidates must have a solid understanding of Quality of Service (QoS) principles and how they can be utilized to prioritize network traffic.
⦁ Implement QoS: Candidates should be capable of configuring QoS settings to optimize network performance.
Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX)
The Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX) certification remains unchanged in the recent exam syllabus changes. This expert-level certification focuses on providing professionals with in-depth expertise in designing and troubleshooting complex Aruba HPE Certification campus access solutions. By achieving the ACMX certification, professionals validate their ability to handle large-scale deployments, high-density environments, and advanced security configurations. Recommend training for this certification “Aruba Advanced Mobility Troubleshooting and Solutions, Rev. 20.21.”
Example: As an example of the expertise required for the ACMX certification, consider a scenario where an organization plans to deploy a wireless network across multiple sites, integrating various Aruba products and services. The ACMX-certified professional should be capable of designing a robust and scalable architecture, considering factors such as RF planning, network segmentation, and seamless roaming across different access points.
Requirements to Achieve ACMX Certification
⦁ Aruba Certified Mobility Expert Written Exam HPE6-A79
⦁ Aruba Certified Mobility Expert Practical Exam HPE4-A38
The HPE Certification exam includes the following tasks and skills that candidates must demonstrate:
Analyze Functional Requirements:
1. Ability to analyze functional requirements and create a solution design and implementation plan.
2. Analyze complex multisite highly available networks to determine physical infrastructure connectivity requirements.
3. Analyze entire WLAN infrastructures to determine licensing requirements.
4. Analyze entire WLAN infrastructures to determine architectural requirements.
5. Analyze complex, highly available multi-controller environments to determine redundancy requirements.
6. Analyze complex, highly functional multi-controller environments to determine mobility requirements.
7. Analyze scenarios to determine remote access requirements.
8. Analyze strategies to determine AirWave scalability requirements.
9. Analyze customer requirements to determine the need for Quality of Service (QoS).
10. Analyze customer requirements to define roles, firewall policies, and rule requirements.
11. Analyze customer requirements to determine the condition for a multizone deployment.
Configure and Validate Aruba WLAN Solutions:
1. Ability to configure and validate Aruba WLAN solutions.
2. Configure and validate a WLAN to support voice and video optimization.
3. Configure a secure WLAN and integrate it with an existing infrastructure.
4. Validate client connectivity to a secure WLAN.
5. Configure and validate a complex multisite high-availability mobility environment.
6. Configure a guest WLAN and validate client connectivity.
7. Configure and validate remote connectivity using RAP (Remote Access Point) or a branch office solution.
8. Implement advanced services and security solutions.
9. Configure and integrate role derivation with an existing AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting).
10. Configure and verify tunnelled node.
11. Configure and validate IAP-VPN to a controller for remote access.
12. Configure advanced firewall policies.
13. Configure a WLAN with WPA2/PSK Mac authentication for role derivation.
14. Implement RF Protect.
15. Configure and validate a multizone solution.
Manage and Monitor Aruba Solutions:
1. Use AirWave and a Mobility Master to gather information about client health.
2. Create triggers and custom reports in AirWave.
3. Monitor the Spectrum Analyzer dashboard on the Mobility Controller.
4. Monitor and analyze controller health.
5. Monitor and optimize the RF environment.
6. Integrate and monitor devices with AirWave.
Perform Advanced Troubleshooting:
1. Troubleshoot controller licensing.
2. Troubleshoot controller and AP (Access Point) communication in a Mobility Master-Mobility Controller-Virtual Mobility Controller environment.
3. Troubleshoot client connectivity and network access.
4. Troubleshoot UCC (Unified Communications and Collaboration) issues.
5. Troubleshoot multizone.
Aruba Clearpass: Transforming the Network Security Domain
Aruba Clearpass, a prominent component of the Aruba HPE Certification framework, has undergone a notable transformation, positioning itself as a key player in the ever-evolving network security domain. This transformation reflects the industry’s growing emphasis on robust security practices and the need for professionals to possess expertise in securing network environments. The transition of Aruba Clearpass to the “Network security” domain aligns the certification with the latest industry trends. It reinforces its relevance in addressing the evolving security challenges organisations worldwide face. With this transformation, Aruba Clearpass emphasizes its commitment to equipping certified professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to implement effective security measures and safeguard network infrastructures. The table below illustrates the Mobility transformation.
HPE Certification Aruba Mobility Transformation Table
Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA) HPE6-A82
The Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA) HPE Certification confirms your understanding of ClearPass Policy Manager and ClearPass guest, proving that you possess the fundamental knowledge required for these systems. By obtaining this certification, you demonstrate your ability to set up ClearPass as an authentication server for corporate users and guests. Furthermore, it attests to your grasp of device profiling and posture checks.
This certification provides validation in the following areas:
1. Comprehending services, enforcement policies, and profiles
2. Integrating and utilizing Windows Active Directory within ClearPass
3. Configuring ClearPass guest
5. Configuring posture and profiling settings
6. Configuring device onboarding
Aruba Certified Network Security Associate (ACA-NS) HPE6-A78.
The Aruba Certified Network Security Associate (ACA-NS) HPE Certification verifies your capability to articulate prevalent security threats and vulnerabilities while acquiring knowledge on the progression of Aruba. Earning this certification will give you the knowledge and skills to address network security issues and mitigate potential risks effectively. Recommend training for this certification “Aruba Network Security Fundamentals, Rev. 20.41”.
Obtaining this certification offers several benefits:
1. Strengthening Device Security: Knowledge of device hardening techniques to enhance security and protect against threats.
2. Edge Security Implementation with AAA: Understanding the implementation of security measures at the network edge using AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) protocols.
3. Fundamental Roles and Firewall Policies: Familiarity with basic roles and firewall policies that establish access control and protect the network against unauthorized access.
4. Dynamic Segmentation: Understanding the concept of dynamic segmentation involves segmenting the web to improve security and isolate sensitive resources from potential threats.
5. Endpoint Classification: Ability to classify and categorize endpoints based on their security profiles and vulnerability levels.
6. Basic Threat Detection Technologies: Knowledge of basic threat detection technologies to identify and mitigate potential security threats.
7. Log and Alarm Collection: Understanding the process of collecting and analyzing logs and alarms generated by security devices to identify potential security incidents and take appropriate action.
Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP) HPE6-A68
The Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP) HPE Certification validates your expertise in ClearPass and its implementation. This certification confirms that you are proficient in the following areas:
1. ClearPass Licensing: Demonstrating the ability to assess and determine the licensing requirements for ClearPass deployment.
2. ClearPass Configuration: To establish secure access control, configuring ClearPass services, enforcement policies, and enforcement profiles.
3. Integration with External Servers: Integrating external servers with ClearPass products to enhance functionality and interoperability.
4. Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Utilizing tools such as Access Tracker, Logging, and Policy Simulations to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot ClearPass operations.
5. Insight Reporting and Additional Features: Configuring the Insight reporting tool and leveraging ClearPass features such as ClearPass Guest, MAC Caching, Posture, device profiling, and onboarding.
6. Admin Operations with TACACS+: Setting up admin operations using TACACS+ protocol to ensure secure and controlled access to ClearPass.
7. Multiple-Server Deployments: Designing and configuring multiple-server ClearPass deployments, including redundancy measures for high availability and fault tolerance.
Aruba Certified Network Security Professional HPE7-A02
This Aruba Certified Network Security Professional(ACP-NS) HPE Certification validates professional capability to effectively articulate intricate security threats and vulnerabilities. It validates comprehensive knowledge of intermediate security concepts and the necessary skills to implement Zero Trust Security, safeguarding enterprise networks from various threats. With expertise in configuring Aruba network infrastructure and ClearPass solutions, can effectively authenticate and control wired and wireless users, ensuring secure access to network resources. Recommend training for this certification “Implementing Aruba Network Security, Rev. 22.21”.
The Certification confirms your expertise in various areas, including:
1. Device Hardening: Demonstrating proficiency in implementing robust security measures to strengthen the resilience of devices against potential threats.
2. Security Implementation at the Edge with AAA: Illustrating competence in deploying advanced security measures at the network edge using AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) protocols.
3. Advanced Roles and Firewall Policies: Showcasing an understanding of complex roles and firewall policies that contribute to a secure network environment.
4. Comprehensive Threat Identification: Displaying the ability to identify and describe various security threats and vulnerabilities that may pose risks to an organization’s systems and infrastructure.
5. Vulnerability Analysis: Exhibiting knowledge and skills in conducting thorough vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and potential points of exploitation.
6. Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Demonstrating the capacity to assess security risks, develop mitigation strategies, and implement appropriate safeguards to protect against potential threats.
Aruba Certified ClearPass Expert (ACCX)
The Aruba Clearpass Expert certification (ACCX) HPE Certification validates the capability of effectively working with ClearPass to provide secure network access and authentication solutions; also serves as validation that you possess the following competencies:
⦁ NAD (Network Access Device) Management: validates the knowledge and skills to add and effectively manage NADs within ClearPass, enabling seamless integration and network access control.
⦁ ClearPass Services, Policies, and Enforcement Profiles: understanding the various services, policies, and enforcement profiles offered by ClearPass. This knowledge allows holders to configure and customize them to meet specific security and access control requirements.
⦁ Integration and Use of Active Directory (AD) in ClearPass: familiarizing with integrating and utilizing AD within ClearPass, leveraging its user authentication and access control capabilities.
⦁ Access Tracker Usage: Proficient in using Access Tracker, a tool within ClearPass, to handle authentication issues. This enables effective troubleshooting and resolution of authentication-related challenges.
⦁ ClearPass Guest Management: Possess the skills to work with ClearPass guest accounts and configure web login and self-registration pages. This enables smooth guest access and registration processes.
⦁ Guest Services and Aruba Controller Configuration: Understand guest services and can configure Aruba Controllers to facilitate guest authentication, ensuring a secure and user-friendly guest experience.
⦁ Health Check Process and Posture Tokens: You grasp the health check process and the use of posture tokens within ClearPass. This allows you to assess and ensure the security posture of devices connecting to the network.
⦁ Device Profiling and Attribute Collectors: Comprehend device profiling and attribute collectors within ClearPass, enabling the identification and classification of devices based on their attributes and characteristics.
⦁ Device On-boarding Process and Deployment: Having a clear understanding of the device on-boarding process and deployment strategies. This includes configuring and managing onboarding services and implementing single and dual SSID onboarding.
Aruba Certified Network Security Expert (ACX-NS)
The Aruba Certified Network Security Expert (ACX-NS) certification demonstrates advanced expertise in utilizing Aruba solutions to enforce Zero Trust Security. It validates the ability to design and implement role-based access controls, develop secure networks by leveraging various tools within Aruba’s product suite, and configure advanced features of ClearPass Policy Manager to enhance access control across multiple Aruba products, including IAP, AOS10, and Central. Recommend training for this certification “Aruba Advanced Network Security Troubleshooting and Solutions, Rev. 22.41”.
Requirements to Achieve ACX-NS Certification
⦁ Aruba Certified Network Security Expert Written Exam HPE6-A84
⦁ Aruba Certified Network Security Practical Exam HPE4-A50
This certification validates the following capabilities:
1. Zero Trust Security: Implementation effectively enforce Zero Trust Security principles, ensuring access to network resources is strictly controlled and authenticated regardless of the user’s location or device.
2. Role-Based Access Control (RBAC): Skills to design and implement RBAC models, defining granular access policies based on user roles, responsibilities, and privileges.
3. Secure Network Design: Design secure networks using Aruba’s product suite, leveraging their tools and features to establish robust security measures and protect against potential threats.
4. ClearPass Policy Manager Configuration: Configuring and utilizing the advanced features of ClearPass Policy Manager, enabling seamless access control and authentication across various Aruba products, such as IAP, AOS10, and Central.
5. Integration of Aruba Solutions: The knowledge and expertise to integrate multiple Aruba solutions to create a comprehensive security infrastructure, enhancing the overall network security posture.
Reasons behind Syllabus Changes
The syllabus changes in the HPE Aruba Mobility and Clearpass domains are driven by the evolving industry landscape and technological advancements. The transformation of Mobility to “Campus access” aligns the certifications with the current trends and best practices in network infrastructure and security. These changes ensure that certified professionals have the up-to-date knowledge and skills to tackle real-world challenges effectively. The transition of Clearpass to “Network security” reflects the heightened focus on securing network environments and protecting against evolving threats. This realignment emphasizes implementing robust security measures, authentication protocols, and access control policies to safeguard networks and data.
Benefits Behind Syllabus Changes
1. Relevance: The updated certifications align with industry trends, ensuring professionals have the most relevant skills.
2. Enhanced Knowledge: The revised exams cover advanced topics, enabling professionals to gain in-depth knowledge and expertise in their respective domains.
3. Real-world Scenarios: The new exam content focuses on practical scenarios, preparing professionals to handle complex deployment and troubleshooting scenarios.
Aruba Unchanged Certifications (Switching / Design)
Aruba HPE Certification offers comprehensive learning paths for individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in networking. The Aruba Certified Switching and Aruba Certified Design learning paths have been widely recognized and have remained unchanged, providing a reliable and established framework for professionals to advance their expertise in these areas. The Aruba Certified Switching learning path is designed to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively design, deploy, and manage Aruba networking solutions. This learning path covers various topics such as VLANs, spanning tree protocols, link aggregation, Layer 3 routing, wireless LAN fundamentals, and network security. By completing the certification exams within this learning path, individuals validate their proficiency in implementing reliable and secure switching solutions using Aruba products.
On the other hand, the Aruba Certified Design learning path focuses on developing individuals’ skills in network design principles and best practices. This learning path covers gathering requirements, assessing network design options, designing secure and scalable networks, and implementing effective network solutions using Aruba products. By achieving certifications within this learning path, individuals demonstrate their ability to create robust and efficient network architectures that meet organizational needs.
These Aruba learning paths provide a structured approach to learning, ensuring that professionals gain in-depth knowledge and practical skills necessary to excel in switching and design roles. As these learning paths have stood the test of time and have not undergone significant changes, individuals can rely on them as a solid foundation for acquiring expertise in Aruba networking technologies. You can visit our YouTube channel and learn more about certification. Here is the link: 591cert YouTube.