Certified Information Security Manager, referred to as CISM is a management-level certification. Focusing on information security strategies, evaluation systems, and policies. This a very important certification by ISACA. This certification is tailor-made for information security managers and professionals with information security management responsibilities. It improves the overall information system security management level of the enterprise. Also ensures to senior management that:
personal with CISM certification have the knowledge and ability to provide effective information security management consultation. Certified CISM personal emphasis on the concept of information risk management applied to business management, and it’s design and technical security issues.
CISM focuses on the management level. Globally it is recognition of the personal ability to develop, establish, and manage enterprise information security systems. And it is unique in the information security certification market.
Since 2002, more than 33,000 management elites worldwide have obtained CISM certification, including more than 600 CEOs, more than 2,000 CIOs or CISOs, more than 8,000 safety directors or safety managers, 2,000 consultants, and more than 96% professionals have been continuously maintaining CISM certification.
CISM is different from other information security certifications in terms of its experience requirements and its focus on the implementation of information security managers. Other information security certification focuses on a specific technology, operating platform, or product information, or the previous years of information security work. CISM focuses on information security management. The focus is no longer on individual technologies or skills, but on information security management for the entire enterprise. CISM certified individuals manage and supervise the information security of enterprises. Many people may already hold relevant certifications in other fields. As CISM focuses on management responsibilities, so work experience is relatively important. CISM requires at least 5 years of experience in information security management. The content of the exam is also concentrated on The experience from the daily work of information security managers.
CISM certification has the following advantages:
- As most candidates wish to be part of an elite group. Being a CISM can give you a place, and IT professionals want to be part of it. Not all IT professionals belong to this field. So certification is the biggest recognition.
- As part of the CISM field, you will be considered an information security expert and someone with experience in information security projects. With this, more companies will know your value.
- As a CISM, you will benefit from three important aspects: creating value for the company, continuous education, and professional development.
- As an expert in the field, you can demonstrate your understanding of the relationship between business goals and information security plans. In addition, you will be able to reconcile and drive business success.
- CISM certificate holders serve as safety directors, managers, consultants, and related positions.
- They serve as IT directors, managers, consultants, and related positions.
- Most of them engaged in management, consulting, or related occupations in IT operations or compliance departments.
- Audit directors, managers, consultants, and related positions also preferred to have a CISM certification.
- Exceeding officials, or leaders of compliance and risk departments, CEOs, CFOs.
- or CISM certificate holders serving as chief information officers and chief information security directors.
The opportunities for CISM certification holders are wide. Only in Indeed you will get more than 3500 jobs for CISM.