CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate-level cybersecurity professionals tasked with performing penetration testing to detect, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities in a network.
CompTIA Certification PenTest+ joins Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) at the intermediate-skill level of the cybersecurity career pathway. Depending on your course of study, PenTest+ and CySA+ can be taken in any order but generally follow the skills learned in Safety+. While CySA+ focuses on defence through incident detection and response, PenTest+ focuses on offence through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment.
Although the two tests teach opposing skills, they are interdependent. The most qualified cybersecurity professionals have both offensive and defensive skills. Earn the PenTest+ certification to advance your career within the CompTIA Certification-recommended cybersecurity career path.
- An assessment of planning and scope.
- Understand legal and compliance requirements.
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Analyse the results.
- Prepare a written report containing recommended remedial strategies.
- Effectively communicate results to management.
- Provide practical recommendations.
PenTest+ Exam Information
- Exam PT0-001
- Number of Questions: 80
- Question type: multiple choice and performance-based questions
- Passing Score: 750 on a scale of 100-900
- Test Duration: 165 minutes
- Delivery – Pearson VUE
- Price – $370
CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 exam
CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 exam is related to CompTIA PenTest+ certification. This exam measures the candidate’s knowledge of the most up-to-date penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management in various systems and devices, vulnerability scanning and effectively reporting and communicating results. Penetration testers, security analysts, network security operations, application security vulnerabilities, and vulnerability testers typically hold or pursue this CompTIA Certification, and you can expect similar job roles after completing this certification.
CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-001) test subject
Candidates must know the exam topics before starting the preparation. Because it will help their core injury. Our CompTIA PT0-001 dumps will cover the following topics:
- Plan and scope penetration testing
- Conduct passive reconnaissance
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information
- Manage proactive restructuring
- Analyse weaknesses
- Network intrusion
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Exam application
- Complete post-exploitation tasks
- Analyse and report penetration test results
Who should take the CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 exam?
The CompTIA PenTest+ certification identifies individuals who have achieved proficiency in the CompTIA PenTest+ certification. A candidate needs to increase his knowledge, skills, and talents if he wants to make progress in career growth. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification provides evidence of advanced knowledge and skills. Candidates should take this CompTIA Certification exam if they have the necessary technology and expertise to pass the CompTIA PT0-001 exam.
How to Study for the CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 Exam
There are two main types of resources for CompTIA Certification exam preparation. Firstly, there are study guides and books suitable for building knowledge from details and basics and then video tutorials and lectures, which reduce the pain of studying for some candidates and are relatively less boring—still time for this student. And demands attention. Competent candidates who want to build a solid foundation in all exam topics and related technologies usually combine video lectures with study guides to reap both benefits. Still, there is one crucial preparation tool that most candidates in practice exams often overlook. Practice tests are designed to make students comfortable in a natural test environment. Statistics show that most students fail because of test
anxiety and fear of the unknown, not due to preparation. 591lab.com expert team suggests you prepare some notes on these topics and don’t forget to practice CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 dumps written by our expert team; both of these will help you a lot to crack this exam well.
Benefits of obtaining CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-001 exam certification
- Many companies like Microsoft, CompTIA, Novell, HP etc., have certification tracks that require CompTIA certification, like A+.
- Many colleges and universities offer college credit to students who obtain CompTIA certification.
- Many companies and organizations mandate CompTIA certification for specific positions, and several job advertisements list certification as a primary requirement. Certified professionals earn more than non-certified IT professionals in the same job role.
- CompTIA certification is a significant advantage, especially for those new to the IT field who want to boost their confidence. After getting a certificate, they get proof that will give them more credibility and determination to advance their career.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the most up-to-date penetration test and assesses the vulnerability assessment and management skills needed to determine network resilience against attack.
This CompTIA Certification conforms to ISO 17024 standards and is approved by the US DoD to meet Directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and governments rely on ANSI accreditation, as it provides confidence and trust in the results of an accredited program. More than 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been given since January 1, 2011.