This CWNA Certification course combines WiFi and professional networking skills while covering all CWNA exam topics. The period begins with discussion topics and hands-on lab exercises covering the essential operation of 802.11 WiFi technology. Once the WiFi knowledge base is established, enterprise-relevant issues such as WiFi design, security, and troubleshooting are covered. You’ll use enterprise-class hardware and software tools during live lab exercises, accessible remotely for any instructor-led or virtual class.
Get started right out of the gate with a Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) certification. It is the base certification for enterprise WiFi within the CWNP family of certificates and a springboard to earning your security, design, analysis, and network specialist certifications. Achieving this enhances your networking career profile, providing evidence that you have sought after WiFi knowledge and skills.
CWNA Certification Course Overview
The CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) certification is a base-level wireless LAN certification for the CWNP program. Your CWNA certification will launch your wireless career by ensuring you have the skills to manage an enterprise-class wireless LAN successfully.
CWNA certification provides the following benefits:
- Wireless networking opens doors of opportunity in the enterprise
- Offers a career differentiator with enhanced credibility and marketability
- Demonstrates that you are a technical leader with the ability to implement wireless solutions for your organization or client successfully
- Keeps your skills ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing field of networking
Basic networking knowledge, including OSI model and IP subnetting
Exams and Certification
Your expert instructor will prepare you for the following exam and certification, which are included in your course package and covered by the Certification guarantee.
CERTIFIED WIRELESS NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (CWNA-107)
CERTIFIED WIRELESS NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (CWNA)
Target audience For CWNA certification
- IT professionals and network engineers responsible for installing or supporting 802.11 (WiFi) wireless networks
- IT professionals looking to advance within the wireless network industry
- Network planners, designers and support staff
- IT security personnel, managers and auditors
CWNA Certification Course Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply fundamental radio frequency (RF) technology concepts, including RF planning, RF-related calculations, and spread spectrum technology.
- Analyze RF spectrum for 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Describe the rules governing wireless LANs to comply with local radio regulations for the setup and maintenance of WLANs.
- Describe the essential operation of wireless LANs for practical WLAN problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Understand IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11a, 802.11n, 802.11ac and 802.11ax (WiFi 6) standards and revisions; and their practical relevance in depth.
- Install, configure, and support WiFi adapters, access points, wireless bridges, and WLAN antennas.
- Deeply understand 802.11 / WiFi WLAN physical and MAC-layer operation.
- Describe and troubleshoot WLAN issues, including RF coverage, multipath, hidden node, and interference issues.
- Understand the essential tools and processes used in WiFi site surveys.
- Work with the latest WLAN diagnostic tools from Ekahau, AirMagnet, MetaGeek, Savvius, Tamosoft and more.
- Describe the inherent vulnerability of IEEE 802.11 WLANs.
- Apply security best practices, including WPA2 and WPA3, to secure WiFi networks for small, medium and large organizations.
CWNA COURSE CONTENT
Main Areas Covered by CWNA Certification:
- Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies
- Antenna Concepts
- Wireless LAN Hardware and Software
- Network Design, Installation, and Management
- Wireless Standards and Organizations
- 802.11 Network Architecture
- Wireless LAN Security
- How to Perform Site Surveys
Duration: 90 minutes
Questions: 60 multiple choice / multiple answers
This course prepares for the CWNA Certification (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) exam. Self-study will be required before taking the exam.
The CWNA certification is a foundational wireless LAN certification for the CWNP program. To earn a CWNA certification, you must take the CWNA exam at a Pearson Vue testing centre and pass with a 70% or higher score. Instructors must give 80% or above. However you want to prepare for the CWNA exam, you should start with the exam objectives, which cover the entire list of skills tested on the exam. CWNA Certification is valid for three (3) years. To recertify, pass one of the professional-level certification exams (CWSP, CWDP, CWAP) before your CWNA expires. By doing so, the CWNA will be renewed for another three (3) years. Or retake the current version of the CWNA exam.
Although Certified Wireless Specialist (CWS) and Certified Wireless Technician (CWT) certifications are not required prerequisites for CWNA certification, it is highly recommended. This will provide a solid educational foundation before continuing to the CWNA.