F5-201 TMOS Administration is the second exam, and candidates who pass 101 and 102 are awarded F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator status.
The F5, Certified BIG-IP Administrator (CA) certification acknowledges the skills and understanding necessary for the day-to-day management of Application Delivery Networks (ADNs). CAS can independently perform daily operations and basic troubleshooting of F5-201 TMOS-based devices in various application environments after it has been installed, configured, and implemented. CAS also have a basic understanding of network fundamentals, protocols, everyday traffic management concepts and the basic concepts of F5 certification technology as applied to network fundamentals, protocols, and traffic management.
Qualified candidates are capable of performing day-to-day operations of already installed F5-201 TMOS-based devices. They are capable of basic troubleshooting of a TMOS-based machine to provide complete, accurate and appropriate information to the Senior Engineer and F5 certification Support.
They can do any of the following without help:
- Able to access and manage BIG-IP through multiple paths (Management IP, Self IP).
- Perform administrative tasks using the GUI
- Understand the relationships and differences between virtual servers, virtual server types, virtual addresses, pools, pool members, nodes, profiles, iRules, and address translation (NAT/SNAT)
- Familiarity with HTTP, ClientSSL, ServerSSL, TCP, UDP and persistence profiles
- Open a support case and use online resources like AskF5, F5 iHealth, and DevCentral.
- Perform software management functions on the Platform (for example, able to perform upgrades and licenses).
F5 201 Certification Path
F5 201 is the second test. Successful completion of candidates will allow them to earn F5 Certified! Admin, Big IP Status.
Who should take the F5-201: TMOS Administration exam?
Those interested in obtaining an F5-201 certification, which validates your ability to manipulate the entire application stack, from traditional network knowledge to advanced application-layer understanding, with the ability to integrate these two worlds. Candidates should have a basic understanding of network fundamentals, protocols and general traffic management concepts. The student should also understand the basic concepts of F5 certification technology as applied to network fundamentals, protocols and traffic management.
Candidates should have the following knowledge/abilities:
- Clarify the benefits of a complete application proxy
- Explain the seven layers of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Describe proper uses/methods of HTTP.
- Identify and define the components of F5-201 TMOS (F5 Traffic Management Operating System).
F5-201 How Much: TMOS Administration Exam Cost and Details
Exam Name F5-201: Application Delivery Fundamentals Passing Score: 245 or above Exam Length: 90 minutes Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions Number of Questions: 80 Questions Exam Fee: USD 180
Average Salary for F5-201: TMOS Administration Exam Certified Professional
- Average Salary of an F5-201: TMOS Administration Exams Certified Professional:
- United States – 108,682 USD
- India – 9,71,117 INR
- Europe – 97,440 euros
- England – 61,267 pounds
The benefit of F5-201: TMOS Administration Exam Certification
Work with F5-201 certification every day. You know there’s more to being an F5 certification expert than memorising commands and configuring BIG-IP modules. Actual application delivery administrators/engineers know that you need skills ranging from networking, server administration, and security to development.