CompTIA Cloud+ is the only performance-based IT certification that looks at cloud-based infrastructure services in the context of more extensive IT system operations, regardless of platform. Migrating to the cloud offers the opportunity to deploy, optimize and secure mission-critical applications and data storage. CompTIA Cloud+ validates the technical skills needed to protect this valuable asset.
The operating reality of multi-cloud environments creates new challenges. CompTIA Cloud+ is ideal for cloud engineers who need expertise in multiple products and systems.
CompTIA Cloud+ is the only cloud-focused certification approved for DoD 8570.01-M, offering an infrastructure option for individuals who need to be certified in IAM Level I, CSSP Analyst and CSSP Infrastructure Support roles.
Getting certified through CompTIA Cloud+
CompTIA’s Cloud+ certification has been refreshed; The CV0-002 exam will end in late 2021. It will be replaced by CV0-003 which went into effect on June 9, 2021. Compared to previous editions, the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam (CV0-003) has expanded on security and availability, going into greater detail about the skills and capabilities required of professionals tasked with securing the cloud. The new test has five domains:
- Cloud deployment (23%): Covers the activities required for a successful migration to the cloud, including analyzing system requirements and, allocating cloud resources appropriately, aligning the system with the organization’s needs.
- Cloud Security (20%): Focuses on critical aspects of cybersecurity applied to cloud infrastructure, including access control technologies, encryption standards, tunnelling protocols, proper OS configuration, and virtualization.
- Cloud Architecture and Design (13%): Includes fundamental knowledge, skills and abilities to analyze multiple cloud models and implement one that best supports business needs.
- Operations and Support (22%): This segment focuses on cloud environments, automation, backup and recovery for high availability.
- Troubleshooting (22%): Focuses on solving capacity, automation, connectivity and security issues.
CompTIA Cloud+ Objectives
- Prepare to take and pass the CompTIA certification Cloud+ exam.
- A solid foundation in core cloud concepts, models and computing skills.
- How to implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management and business continuity.
- How to evaluate and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments.
- How to diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance.
- How to deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments.
Cloud concepts and models
contrasting cloud services and delivery models; Concept of conservation of matter.
install, configure and manage virtual machines and devices; Advantages of virtualization in cloud environments.
storage technology, configuration concepts and provisioning; Network configuration, optimization and basic connectivity troubleshooting.
resource monitoring techniques; Best practices for allocating physical host resources and virtual guest resources.
network security concepts, tools and best practices; Identify access control mechanisms and implement guest and host hardening techniques.
Business continuity in the cloud
Disaster recovery methods and concepts; Deploying solutions to meet availability requirements.
Benefits of CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
Benefits of Getting Certified with Cloud+ certification:
- Many companies like Microsoft, CompTIA, Novell, HP etc., have certification tracks that require CompTIA certification like A+.
- Many colleges and universities offer college credit to students who obtain CompTIA certification.
- Many companies and organizations mandate CompTIA certification for specific positions, and several job advertisements list certification as a primary requirement. Certified professionals earn more than non-certified IT professionals in the same job role.
- CompTIA certification is a great advantage, especially for candidates new to the IT field who want to boost their confidence. After getting a certificate, they get proof that will give them more credibility and determination to advance their career.
CompTIA’s vendor-neutral Cloud+ certification is a good choice for job applicants across platforms, and more established professionals in the field as more employers look for the right job applicant with cloud-related skills and knowledge.
As organizations adopt cloud technology at an unprecedented rate, now is an excellent time to get this highly regarded certification for a jumpstart or career advancement. Becoming certified CompTIA certification can prove your skills and knowledge in successful cloud deployments by mastering the five domains of the Cloud+ exam.