TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) is a framework created by the Open Group for creating and enhancing enterprise IT architecture. The structure is established and well-known. TOGAF, regarded as the de facto industry standard for architectural frameworks, offers a comprehensive practical technique for creating enterprise IT architectures. Using TOGAF, businesses may create an IT infrastructure that meets their needs. At this point, qualified TOGAF experts are helpful. These interact with many stakeholder groups and facilitate the swift and efficient design and implementation of an IT strategy based on the company strategy.
Table of Content
- How Does TOGAF Function?
- Certifications under the TOGAF
- How can you get TOGAF certification?
- Steps to get TOGAF certification
- Cost of TOGAF certification
- Togaf Certification Specializations
- Payscale for TOGAF Certification
- Is TOGAF Certification Still Worth It In 2023?
- The reason why you should get a TOGAF certification
How Does TOGAF Function?
Three essential enterprise architecture (EA) development aspects are in TOGAF. The first is the development process’s use of precise and recognised language. An organisation will invariably experience confusion and delays without a clear understanding of what its experts are saying and how they are expressing it. In a transparent, collaborative environment, practitioners may learn and apply the TOGAF enterprise architectural concepts. Additionally, this guarantees that business and IT professionals work toward individual objectives and stakeholders with greater clarity of vision. Even qualified experts can benefit from using TOGAF’s vocabulary to communicate across organisations and sectors.
The second is provided by TOGAF’s “Architecture Development Method (ADM),” a collection of precisely specified procedures. The TOGAF ADM is a cycle for developing a business architecture that defines certain crucial elements for experts to adhere to. It leads users through a transparent and adaptable technique, assisting them in putting their knowledge to work and growing it.
Certifications under the TOGAF
A defined path for professional development is provided through the TOGAF for People Certification program. The Open Group presently offers four certifications. Please be aware that the certification program summary has a disclaimer stating that “it is not designed to validate the competence of Candidates to implement the TOGAF standard effectively in reality, nor to assess whether Candidates are competent IT or Enterprise Architects.
It provides four types of certifications:
- TOGAF Standard (version 9.2) – It includes two certification levels Foundation and Certified.
- TOGAF Standard (version 9.2) Business Architecture – It consists of business capabilities, business scenarios, information mapping, and value streams and how to apply them in business architecture development
- TOGAF Standard (version 9.2) Integrating Risk and Security – It includes Information Security Management (ISM), Enterprise Risk Management, and Enterprise Security Architecture(ESA).
- TOGAF Standard (version 9.2) Essentials 2018 – It is for practitioners who got certification under the previous version.
How can you get TOGAF certification?
You can obtain This certification by taking the TOGAF 9 Certification exam.
Following are the available certification exams.
- TOGAF 9 part 1 exam – In this level 1 exam, you will have multiple choice questions and must score 55% and above.
- TOGAF 9 part 2 exam – This is the 2nd level exam. Here you will have scenario-based questions. You need to achieve 60% and above.
- TOGAF 9 combined part 1 and part 2 exams – It combines both levels.
- TOGAF business architecture part 1 exam – You need to score 60% and above in this exam.
- To get a TOGAF certificate, you must clear both level 1 and 2 exams.
Steps to get TOGAF certification
- Research the different TOGAF certification levels and choose the appropriate one for your experience and skills.
- Review the Certification Framework to understand the topics covered in the exam.
- Purchase a copy of The TOGAF Standard, the required reading for the exam.
- Take an authorised TOGAF training course from an Accredited Training Provider.
- Register for and take the TOGAF 9 Exams.
- Become certified by passing the exam with a 55% or higher for part 1 and 60% for part 2.
Cost of TOGAF certification
The current cost of the English TOGAF examinations is US$360 for Part 1, US$360 for Part 2, or US$550 for the exam, which includes both Parts 1 and 2. The Level 1 English TOGAF Business Architecture and Integrating Risk and Security Certification do not have a price listed.
Togaf Certification Specializations
- Business architecture: Four specialised areas known as architectural domains serve as the Foundation for TOGAF. A business strategy, organisation, governance, and business processes are covered within the business architecture area.
- Data architecture: A data architecture describes the organisational structure of physical and local data assets and associated data management tools.
- Applications architecture: This field offers a guide for setting up particular systems. It involves the communications between application systems and how those relationships relate to business operations.
- Technical architecture: This field, known as technology architecture, explains the hardware, software, and network infrastructure required to support mission-critical applications.
Payscale for TOGAF Certification
Your career and earnings can both significantly increase, thanks to TOGAF. The average income for TOGAF-certified experts begins at more than $80,000, according to PayScale. You may also make more money as your experience grows.
Is TOGAF Certification Still Worth It In 2023?
Everything underwent a significant transformation in 2022. The business sector has been impacted; as a result, they are avidly seeking personnel with higher levels of competence now that they recognise the worth of talented workers. Everyone must try to increase their level of expertise. In 2023, TOGAF certification will still be relevant due to a shortage of TOGAF-certified individuals. According to reports, the TOGAF framework has already been used by 80% of the world’s organisations. Some employers have stated that it is a condition for employment. Several consulting firms, including Capgemini, Oracle, and HP, are already using it.
The reason why you should get a TOGAF certification
- Cost-effective and easy to start.
- They are globally accepted.
- Top companies of the world use them.
- More salary and hireability.
Certification by TOGAF It’s an excellent opportunity to launch a career or advance current knowledge and abilities. Obtaining TOGAF certification demonstrates your expertise in enterprise architecture. It is flexible, strong, and provides a great overall return on investment. Additionally, a firm might drastically reorganize and advance by comprehending its IT architecture. Enterprises can better understand their IT infrastructure thanks to TOGAF. Additionally, it helps staff members identify instances of team collaboration.